The Kingdom of Lochac
Arts & Sciences Handbook
Recommendations and Awards
It has been decided that Archery and Rapier now come under the auspices of Arts & Sciences, in Lochac. If you have any recommendations in these areas, or any other area of Arts & Sciences, please send a recommendation to the Crown.
The current award for Arts & Sciences, in the Kingdom of Lochac is:
The Order of the Lily
"The Order of the Lily may be offered to those the Crown finds deserving of honour, for achievement in the Arts & Sciences."
Other awards to consider in regards to A&S, in Lochac, are:
The Prix Jongleur may be bestowed on those who by wy of performance consistently entertain the populace of the Kingdom.
The Order of the Shining Helm is given to those combatants who consistently present a good looking and period appearance on the field.
For more information on Lochac Awards go to: http://sca.org.au/canon/award.php?show=index&init=Lochac
The highest achievement in Arts & Sciences is the Order of the Laurel. Laurels are expected to have achieved a level of excellence and skill, in their selected area. Recommendations are sent to the Laurel Principal whose contact details are to be found in Pegasus.
Corpora state the duties of a Laurel are:
- to enrich the kingdom by sharing his or her knowledge and skills
- to set an example of courtesy and chivalrous conduct
- to respect the Crown of the Kingdom; to support and uphold the laws of the kingdom and the governing documents of the Society
- to advise the Crown on the advancement of candidates for the Laurel
For more information on what a Laurel is and does, go to http://lochac.sca.org/laurels
Baronies also have their own Arts & Sciences awards. it is appropriate to recommend individuals for local achievement in the Arts and Sciences, by writing to the local Baron and Baroness.
Recommendations should be in writing and should include:
- the date
- your SCA name, legal name
- which group you belong to
- the SCA name (and preferably legal name) of the person whom you are recommending
- the group to which the person belongs
- what the person has done to deserve the recommendation
- the award for which you are recommending the person. If you are unsure, then this will be decided upon, after looking at their persons achievements.