- As the society was founded on the ideals of nobility and chivalry, a member must behave honestly and with integrity.
- A member must act with care and diligence.
- A member, when acting in the course of their membership must treat everyone with respect and without harassment, victimisation or discrimination.
- All members are reminded that they are bound by all Australian Federal and State Laws, including the Child Protection Acts of each state and are required to conduct themselves in accordance with all the SCA policies, procedures and regulations that govern the participation of all members in all SCA events and activities.
- A member must comply with any lawful and reasonable direction given by a person having authority to give the direction.
- A member must disclose, and take reasonable steps to avoid, any conflict of interest in connection with the member’s SCA membership or in connection with their holding of office.
- A member must use the SCA resources in a proper manner.
- A member, when acting in the course of their SCA membership, must behave in a way that upholds the underlying principals of the SCA.
- A member must at all times behave in a way that does not adversely affect the integrity and good reputation of the SCA.
- A member does not use the Society to promote their own beliefs, behaviours or practices where these are not compatible with the principles of the Society.
- A member has the right and responsibility to respect each member’s right to personal privacy.
Major Revision: 5 August 2013
Current revision approved: 17 September 2013
Next review: August 2015.