Some of the major changes from current Lochac Law include the following. We particularly want comments as to whether you think these changes are good or bad:
* Changed references from "Principality" to "Kingdom", "Coronet" to "Crown", etc.
* Added some stuff to allow for provisional laws, privy council, and overturning unpopular laws.
* The section about Crown Tournaments was expanded to allow for champions in Tournaments, also to allow for 12th C style melee tournaments.
* Combined the Minister of Arts and the Minister of Sciences into one office.
* Resurrected Fencing (yay!) and allowed for a "Master of Fence". Changed "Principality Archer" to "Master of Archery" and allowed for a "Master of Tournaments". This allows the Earl Marshal to separate the roles of heavy, archery, and fencing combat into separate sub-offices, and to take control of any of these offices that he or she chooses and delegate the others, rather than assuming that the Earl Marshal is a heavy combat person. For example the Earl Marshal could be a fencing expert and delegate the heavy combat side of the job to a Master of Tournaments, and act as a paperwork/collating office as well.
* Deleted "Hospitaller". It is important that there are hospitallers at a local level but not at a Kingdom level.
* Brought the Lochac financial reporting requirements into step with the SCA Inc reporting requirements.
* Deleted everything to do with Awards. Alarice and her group will be providing Article VI.
* Added a section on "Privy Council" explaining how this will work.
We welcome comments regarding these laws by e-mail or by post. Address comments to: "the Laws Committee" at PO Box 526 Unley SA 5061, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.