Resources / Support:
Juliana de Northwood
Rowany (Sydney, NSW)
PH: +61 450 573 711
- The Medieval Dagger Vol I, Guy Windsor, 2012
- Academy of the Sword, The Mystery of the Spanish Circle in Swordsmanship and Esoteric Arts, Tibault 1630, John Michael Greer, 2006
- Teaching and Interpreting Historical Swordsmanship, Brian R. Price, 2005
- The Art of the Two Handed Sword, Ken Mondschein, 2012
- Guildmaster Tariq ibn Jelal's Instant Guild Library v1.0
I have a love for fencing theory. Why? I have no idea. It is one thing to know 'how' to perform an action, but something completely different to actually knowing 'why' you do something and 'why' it works.
As for on the field, I have been known to switch freely between schools when I get bored. The three schools that I go between are Manciolino Bolognese, Giganti and Ettenhard. I am aiming to spend 2015 and 2016 in really getting to grips with these three schools to better understand them and their actual biomechanics.
Teaching combatants with disabilities and helping them to find 'other' ways of performing actions to the best of their ability.
I began training in Darton after May Crown 2008.