Silfren the Singer
Rowany (Sydney, NSW)
A library list, including comments on the contents.
- Baton, and how to use it to jump down someone's throat with both feet.
- Fencing for women
- Making those long armed orang-utang bastards pay.
Silfren is one of the few people in Lochac who can claim to be there at the formation of two separate Baronies. (Aneala & Innilgard)
After many years of playing in various other areas of the Society, Silfren came to fencing in mid-1998 when she convinced the Professor to run classes for interested people in the SCA. The rest as they say is history.
Guildmaster Silfren the Singer played her Guildmaster's prize against Ancient Guildmaster Dameon Greybeard, Ancient Guildmaster Francois Henri Guyon, Ancient Guildmaster Arenwald von Hagenburg, and Guildmaster ibn Jelal at Rowany Festival 2003. She is the first person to achieve the rank of Guildmaster of Defence in Lochac. Previous Guildmasters had been made under the statutes of the West Kingdom Guild of Fence.
On the 8th of April AS XLI (2007), Their Royal Majesties Alfar and Gudrun did elevate Silfren the Singer to the Order of the White Scarf of Lochac. The scarf given to Doña Silfren was a gift from Don François.
- Duelling stories of the 16th Century From the French of Brantome - des Guerres and de Fendilles
- Duelling stories of the 16th Century From the French of Brantome - Bayard and Alonzo
- Duelling stories of the 16th Century From the French of Brantome - Ste. Croix and Azevedo
- Duelling stories of the 16th Century From the French of Brantome - A duel with strange weapons
- Book Review: The Inner Game of Fencing
- Cloak Basics
- Playing the Prize (written with ibn Jelal)