Greetings, welcome to this quarters From the Seneschal for the Lochac Web Site.
Whilst there have been a number of issues in Lochac many of them are around a lack of understanding rather than due to any particularly nasty events. This makes it more and more important that Lochac finds a way to train new officers particularly for our more regional groups. Many of our groups are more than 3-4 hours drive away from their closest group and some of our Baronies are over 8 hours away from each other, included in this is our Barony from Aneala (Perth in Western Australia) which is the worlds most remote Capital City and is more than 5 hours flight away from the vast majority of the rest of the Kingdom of Lochac. As a way of managing this Lochac is looking at running a series of Lochac Training days in some of the less central Baronies and encouraging officers from remote groups that report to those Baronies to attend. A new Kingdom Senechals Deputy has been appointed to manage the training.
In service to the Crown and Kingdom
Caristiona nic Beathain
Viscountess, Laurel, Pelican, Silver Pegasus, Roman Lillies, AoA
General Summary of Positive Occurrences, Projects, and Items of Note
No changes were made this quarter. The current Laws of Lochac and past changes can be found at http://lochac.sca.org/laws/.
Anne de Tournais- Seneschal of Politarchopolis
Tatianitska Iaroslavna- Seneschal of Rowany
Catigern Goch- Seneschal of Dismal Fogs
William RedFox- Seneschal of Okewaite
Bran na torcdubh mac Brude- Seneschal of St Florians
Sihtric Silfrör- Seneschal of Stowe on the Wold
New Kingdom Officers:
Niáll inn Orkneyski- Kingdom Earl Marshal
Josseline de la Cour- Kingdom Hospitaler
Dimitrii Borodinskii- Kingdom Webwright
1. Youth Rapier is well on the way to being a reality in the Kingdom of Lochac after a Pilot Program to be run in Rowany has been approved and is to be implemented over the next quarter.
2. There have been a number of new Kingdom Officers come on board over the last quarter. They seem to be breathing new light into the Kingdom and there is an outlook of enthusiasm that seems to be pervading the whole Kingdom.
3. The unexpected resignation of our Crown Prince and Princess has seen an extremely positive reaction from members of the Kingdom as they have moved to help those affected and support the new King and Queen in their unexpected ascension to the throne.
The Kingdom continues to grow with the numbers bouncing around 1530- 1550 for Australia and 161-175 for New Zealand. Current Kingdom numbers as of the 1st of September are 1710 members across both Countries.
Stats for the Quarter:
Stats for the Quarter:
23% of Lochac members across both Australia and New Zealand are authorised Heavy Combatants.
11.8% of Lochac members are authorised Rapier Combatants.
11.2% of Lochac members are authorised Light Combatants.
8.3% of Lochac members are authorised Non-Contact Combatants
So far only 8 minors, all in Australia are authorised Combatants. This is a total of 0.47% of members.
1. Lochac's first Curia Regis with the re-fight of the last Crown Tournament and the Investiture of the current King and Queen of Lochac.
2. Introducing a pilot program for Youth Rapier
3. Selecting a Deputy in Charge of Training
1. Setting up the authorisation processes for Youth Combat and Rapier
2. Figuring out what projects to hand over to my Deputies.
3. Lochac Officer Training Symposium (LOTS)- smaller more regional based training compared with the first LOTS from 2010
1. Re-write of the New Group Guide to explain what a group is not and how a group can be publicised.
2. Section in the New Group Guide explaining how a group can go from Shire to Canton
3. Section in the New Group Guide to explain the difference between a group and a Household, this is still causing problems for many of our regional members.
Special mention of Anton de Stoc for the work he has done for groups around Lochac with the Rowany Leather deal.
Ysabel Norrice, for her excellent first aid skills and professional manner
Freya for the serious amount of work and tidying she has managed as Darton Reeve
Mistress Tig, Mistress Monique, Lord Gabriel and Lady Maedb for their work on Midwinter wall hangings - huge efforts, guided by Baron Crispin and Lord Gabriel in Crispin's absence.
Good Ideas and things to try:
Ynys Fawr's plot at the Botanic Gardens
Weave your own Napkin Collegia with the looms pre-warped so that attendees get to weave and take home their own napkin
Join the Largess Swap FB page
Run a leather working day for your group. Many groups in Lochac seem to have large amounts of Leather around for some strange reason at the moment. It may be time to put that huge quantity of leather to use.
This page is maintained by the Publications/Technical Deputy to the Kingdom Seneschal
Comments or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Site design: Lord Ronan mac Briain