Minutes1997January user: readonly
Collection:  StFlorian Page:  Minutes1997January Last edit:  25/11/09 17:26  by  admin Ver:  1 Hits:  1,096

Minutes 1997 January

Minutes - St Florian's Shire Meeting

Held 19 January 1997, 6pm at Mellissand & Finnian's home

Attendance:

Lenore, Bianca, Eleanore, Hrothgar, Adeline, Melisande, Finnian, Sorcha, Joan, Salaberge, Felice, Nerissa, Catrin, William

Apologies:

Cornelius, Morwynna, Humphrey, Regina, Lucretia, Owen, Huguette

Meeting opened at 6:00pm

A&S Hall:

Starts on 6th Feb (Thursday) Hall warming on the first night, bring a plate. Flyer was distributed for comments before being printed up - lights will be on in the oval if anyone wishes to bring along their "toys" for a hit.

Abbey Info:

Meeting attended Tuesday 14 January 1997. All participant receiving a flat fee per head to the group of $30. We need to list exactly what we will be doing to enable the program to be set - think about it - Carolyn will be putting together a list in the next few weeks. Also any good ideas for the 1998 demo should be put forward separately. We need to know what we can provide before 18 February - when the next meeting is being held.

Officers' Reports

Reeve:

Felice (Deputy) Read report to meeting - we look to be in good shape !! - Well done. Meeting confirmed decision to spend over $100 on serving and cooking trays for cooks guild - Constanzia and Marie have found some good cheap trays. Meeting also noted the funds spent on new regalia for lists and for thank you present.

Herald:

Catrin has a new deputy, Bianca, also the subscription is due soon for the Herald's Magazine.

Constable:

Nothing to report, new constables in training, collects indemnities not warrants (correction to previous minutes)

Marshall:

(Finnian for Cornelius) Need date for Bacchus Woods war also some organisation needed for Shire Militia going to Festival: 3 groups going Ventbarr, Co. of St Michaels and Militia. Cornelius requested that Shire meeting be moved to A & S hall but meeting felt that meeting would interfere with A & S as it did in the past which is why it is held separately now.

Chirurgeon:

Nothing to report.

A & S:

William is Huguette's new Deputy. New hall starts 7 Feb - also need everyone's ideas for activities.

Chronicler:

Awaiting newsletter info has flyers for a River haven event 1/3/97 and will have other event info included. New distribution method is working well.

Chatelaine:

Thanks for donations needs to but extra feasting gear to make up to 10 feasting kits. planning a sew a thon for new garb. Other half of shire working bee still to happen to make tablecloths etc.

Lists:

India has made new regalia - tablecloth finished - tabard underway - nil to report.

Coming Events:

  • 15 Mar - Tourney of Roses (Leonore & Jessica)
  • April - possible Royal event - joint with Riverhaven
  • 3-5 May - Shire Championship (Ulfgar)
  • 17-18 May - Coronet at Innilgard
  • 24 May - Ball (Constanzia and Bianca)
  • 14 June - Abbey Demo (Leonore)
  • 28 June - Celtic Caleigh (Eleanore)
  • 26 July - Elizabethan Feast, limitied to 50 cost $30 (Ulfgar)
  • 2 Aug - Tourney (Adeline & Amelia) plans to speak to Riverhaven autocrat of event the same day about linking up.
  • 30-31 Aug - Hunt Camping Event (Manfred)
  • Sept - Michaelemas (need an Autocrat!!)

Coronet Bid

Ulfgar suggested we go for May 1998 - considered a great idea - planning to occur - Carolyn will call Ulfgar etc to begin the grand plan - all Shire must be behind this one and we can really have a fun splashy spiff wow event!!

Festival Planning

Water wenches plan to make Purple and White outfits including flat caps - there will be a sewing day at Susie’s late February.

Meeting closed at 7pm

Next Meeting 16th FEBRUARY 1997 at Leonore's, followed by a Pot luck BBQ