Baronial Meeting Minutes 20/08/2003
Good day to the list. Here follows a true account of the Baronial meeting
Held on the 20th of August 2003.
(Praise be to Stanzi who took the minutes)
Herald: (Sabine du Bourbonais)
- Response from Laurel not forthcoming.
- Collegia on heraldic frocks will be postponed until after a workshop/collegia on making standards.
Constable: (Bain of Stornoway)
- Injury at Fighter Practice.
Indemnity change - Indemnities are to be signed @ all events in garb and or fighting.
- He is stepping down in September. Applications to Bain by the 17/09/2003. Successor will be
announced at September Baronial during court.
- Account has $6,200.
- Two event moneys outstanding: March Baronial and Baroness's Birthday Par d'Armes.
Seneschal: (William Addemere)
- Gold Cards. 12 month entry being sold during August and September only. Will be from September Baronial to September Baronial.
- $120 or $35 in four instalments. Not transferable/Not refundable.
- We had a war. Marshal has reported to Earl Marshal.
- Advertising for replacement with a view of being replaced by Festival.
Webmaster: (Raoul of Buzz)
- To get quote to Reeve/Seneschal. One injury at Guild event.
- Everyone is paying so no need to send out the boys.
- Constable training on 27/08/2003 by Stanzi.
- Acacia willing to run newbie sewing workshop either at A&S or on a suitable day.
QM: (Huguette de la St Germain)
- Did a workshop.
- Changes/Improvements occurred to some items.
- $100 approved to add to September Baronial Budget for serving implements for
health safety reasons. (IE - food served without serving implements end up
with personally used spoons to serve things out)
- Needed: Plastic boxes, 2x2m storage for QM with 2' high shelves.
- Big workshop on 18/10/2003. Expectation for Barony to attend. Welding (for candelabra -
volunteered by Buzz). List of needs to be gotten.
- Abbey - Ianto with Bain will be representing St Florian at the Abbey Meetings.
- Motion passed.
- Need 100% support from Barony to do a good show. (IE appearance/attendance).
- Will need a lot of support from the Barony to do this well.
BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR/BARONY
Gabriel: Report from Great Northern War.
- Jury is still out if the new format worked.
- 2 people booked but did not pay. One has been followed up to Gabriel's satisfaction. *Gabriel owed $137.60.
- Cheque approved by meeting.
- Thankyou to everyone who attended the event and helped
- Thankyou to serving crew for Guild Day
- September Baronial - no bookie, no eatie.
- German workshop @ Huguettes
Leofric: Tourney 07/09/2003 (Sunday) Chiv Tourney circuit.
- Display of Chivalry.
- Winner chosen by knights on display of chivalry.
- Location: Football Club.
- Times to be announced on St Florian List.
- Cost will be about $1-2 Motion passed.
- Wants to run with Lillith, a Mushroom Feast November and St
Sebastians Day in January.
- Wants to run Knights of the North Par D'Armes next year
Seneschal: (William Addemere)
- Incorporation Issues/Problems with: insurance, access to leases in some states. While lease access appears to have significant problems for QLD, William (Addemere) will be negotiating a further 12 month lease with Football Club.
- Motion passed. Indemnities change see constable information.
- Indemnties are to be kept for 7 years adults, 20 years children.
- Weapons Act Victoria is being discussed as is usual before an election IF changed
will effect those travelling to VIC for events.
- William and team will be attending a Risk Management Course.
- QM workshop that was held recently demonstrates significant problem with Barony needs your support to function to optimum.
- Burnfield event - few people attending from St Florian (Well done Louvain!) Idea to
give a Marshall tabbard to group as we have a spare one Motion passed.
- Quarterly reports are due - 11 shopping days to go.
- Book now for Spring War. Help me sell chocolates (Fund raiser for Dramatis Personae)